Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Pinterest Valentine's Day!

Oh snap!
With so many fAnTaBuLoUs kids Valentine's Day ideas popping up all over the place on Pinterest how could I NOT have Carter take an idea from there and go with it? 
I mean, honestly, it's more fun that just buying them, right?
Hahahaha....ha.


I'm not an artist nor will I EVER claim to be one.
BUT--I thought to myself, well heck, it can't be THAT hard to draw a jar, right?
MuUAAHHAHHAhahaha!
I suck.
But...at least it looks like a kid did it, right?
(That sounds bad...I didn't do ALL his Valentines...but maybe I did too much...oh well!)

So, I drew a mason jar looking type thing-a-ma-bobber and Carter cut them all out.
He said he couldn't draw the jar lines "good enough" so I did it...pretty sure he would have done better but hey, it is what it is...

Then he used glue dots and stuck the "bugs" in the "jars" and wrote his friends name and his name on each one.
Ultimately, I think they turned out really cute despite my lame artistic ability.
And did I mention we did 31 of them?
(He insisted on giving one to EVERY teacher he has...not just he main teacher...God Love Him. He has a big, old, loving heart.


Anyhoo--after we got them all done we were pretty proud of our skills!
So, even if you aren't crafty...You can play one on TV...LOL
Stay tuned...

P.S. If you got crafty with your kiddos Valentines leave a comment--I'd love to hear what other people did!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment