Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Carter Request--Frosted Grape Salad


Well, the boy knows fair and well that Mama can't cook. (It helps him remember that Daddy reminds him...lol) So--when he requested that I make frosted grape salad I knew I had to do it!

Again, it's easy peasy and doesn't require the oven or the fire department so that's a bonus.  (It did require a phone call to the hubby at work for the recipe though...fail on my part!)

So, if you're interested it requires a block of cream cheese, a cup and a half of sour cream, a tbsp of vanilla and a half a cup of sugar. (I think...haha!)  You mix that all together in a bowl until smooth and then mix with a bag each of red and green grapes (3-4 lbs or so...). Once that's all done you put top it with a cup of brown sugar and pecans (mixed together).  It's delish...
Oh--but if you're making it ahead, don't put the brown sugar and pecan mixture on until right before serving because it gets gross-ish.

As a side note...I also had cut up a bunch of carrots, celery and peppers to eat that night too and I learned something while doing that...
The sharp side of the knife works best.
Seriously.
Who knew? :)

Stay tuned...Lord knows what will happen next!

1 comment:

  1. MMMMMMMM....this sounds good, Amy! I've made one with yogurt, a little brown sugar, grapes and toasted almonds...oh, wait, that would be out for you...you need to use the oven to toast the almonds, and they burn easily... LOL

    ReplyDelete